Sunday, 16 March 2008

Sunday pastels

I hate the fact that spring is supposedly the season for pastels. I wear pastels all the time. On one hand I think they look great on pale winter skin. It's that antique, bordering on sickly aristocratic look. On the other, nothing beats a summery, a tad bit sun-kissed skin with a floaty romantic pastel shade dress. Think Keira Knightley in The Atonement (minus the awful acting):




(Image: amazon.com)


I think the thing with pastels is to wear them in layers to get the dreamy feeling, and/or make the look modern with a splash of a stronger colour to avoid looking like you escaped from the 1920s.


1 comment:

alice said...

I'm starting to doubt that you can do anything wrong, that outfit looks lovely. And however much I don't like Keira Knightly she does look rather lovley on that photo.