Wednesday, 9 April 2008

As time goes by

There are so many unanswered questions in this world. Why do people insist on stepping onto the train before the previous passangers get off? Why did Finns get settled in this cold, dark land instead of going further south? Why does one always look like crap when one bumps into distant relatives on the street? What is the meaning of any of this? The question that has been bugging me today is: why do I never ever have enough time to get dressed in the mornings?

I had already chosen the blouse (a navy one, with an autumny berry print, thrifted last week) , the bow-tie to go with it (black/green tartan - a rather bold pick, but I like it), and the skirt (metal green, pleated H&M one). I even put on some lipstick to match the colour of the berries on the blouse.

The tights were easy (gray, to match parts of the print on the blouse), as was the bag and shoes (my favourite brown brogues and a recent granny bag I found at Fida this past weekend). At this point I had about five minutes to leave the house.

And yes, only at this stage did I check the weather forecast and the temperature outside. It was really cold, really windy, and there was a high probability of rain. Due to these unaccounted factors, I couldn't wear my spring trench coat that I had been counting on to finish off my outfit. The only option available was a black, rather ballooning sort of A-line black coat. A great coat, but it really didn't go with the skirt I had chosen. So off I go, to change the wide-hemmed pleated skirt to a pencil one, which happens to be black with blue little dots. The clash of random prints was evident.

At that point, I realised that I must wear heels with the skirt. (Flats tend to look a bit school-uniformish with pencil skirts.) After trying out about four pairs, the heels that would have gone with the skirt and the overall outfit didn't go with difficult weather conditions. Aargh! At this point I had minus two minutes and counting. I go with the brown brogues because I must run to the train, don't have time to change my bag, can't find my gloves, grab a random red beret, and as I leave my house, look like a total nutter. Too bad I didn't have time to take a picture of the outdoors outfit, because it would have been a good laugh.


This is the thrifted granny bag. I can fit so much stuff in there it's incredible!

This is the print of the pencil skirt, found at the flea market. Unworn, fits like a dream, the brand is Helen, price was 6 euros.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Haha, oh dear you're wonderful. To my mind you did it rather well, though! And the outdoors outfit was good enough, I'm pretty sure about that. If you really like all the garments you're wearing, it doesn't matter if they match or not. At least it should be the way it goes; I can't say it'd be true in my part every day either.

Vasiliisa said...

Well, I guess you answered your own question :). This is the story of my life, too....

FWIW, I think it's an excellent pattern mix...

The Waves said...

laura: I think I agree with you, about the fact that matching isn't really that crucial. It's more about the general feel, and if you feel uncomfortable with what you wear, it doesn't really matter how greatly your outfit was put together.

vasiliisa: it's incredible, isn't it, you'd think that planning and/or waking up early would help, but it doesn't. It's the same thing every single day!

puf! said...

i really love tie top blouses

alice said...

that bag is amazing.
I hate when the weather doesn't agree with my outfit though ):

ed said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品