Thursday, 17 April 2008

Italians do it better


No, I am certainly not referring to a certain Italian ex, nor Silvio Berlusconi. It is the wonderful range of Italian fashion magazines that I am talking about. To me, they provide an impressive visual feast of countless takes on fashion, style and photography. I think there is a huge difference in the way Italian fashion magazines deal with trends as well. Whereas the mainstream UK and US magazines force the "20 trends you MUST follow this season" down your throat, their Italian counterparts simply lay out what is out there in a unique, dream-like fashion. Check out April's Amica, for example:








All the images above are from different editorials in the same magazine, more than five of them. I have once encountered 12 (12!) editorials in one single Amica. The final images are from April's Italian Glamour. I always skip the Cosmopolitan-esque sex education articles and jump directly to the fashion pages.



2 comments:

alice said...

italians do do it better, I wish I could read italian because those photos are beautiful.

The Waves said...

alice: i don't really read Italian either, just a few words here and there. I am not ashamed to admit that I buy these magazines just for the photos! :-)