Wednesday, 2 April 2008

Wake up and smell the flowers



I did this quite literally this morning. Flowers! I love having fresh flowers in the house. Since I don't have pets or a boyfriend, flowers are the next best thing. For about a year now, I have been dying to have a pet. I love cats. My sister's two cats get (gently) molested by me on a regular basis because they are so darn lovely.

I haven't been able to take pets because me and the boyfriend have been discussing moving abroad together. Since the boyfriend seems to be out of the picture now (haven't heard a word from him since he left the country and myself), I am considering visiting Hesy (a local animal shelter) one of these coming weeks. Before I go, I am going to let the dust settle a little bit though, to make sure I am ready for a hardcore commitment with a certain furry someone.


I love Vogue Italia. First of all, this month's cover is genius, spread on four pages, folded inside. The light airiness of the cover is exactly the type of vibe that I am after with all of my experiments with pastels and loose fabrics (,more of that later).

There are times when the editorials in Vogue Italia are a bit too weird for my liking, but this magazine was full of lovely ones. My favourite (what a surprise) was the soft and romantic one. I couldn't believe that the clothes were by Roberto Cavalli, because I tend to associate him with Victoria Beckham and zebra prints.

This is what I wore today. I am just going nuts with the faded pastels these days. I layered yesterday's petticoat rather randomly, but I think it works. Maybe it's a little too school girly, but oh well. I am going to wear these brogues until they fall apart. The thrifted Three Bags bag is a new favourite. And yes, I wore mascara today.


By the way, thank you to everyone for being supportive on the boyfriend issue. I solemnly promise to not mention the whole ordeal in every post.

2 comments:

Unicorns Have Whiskers said...

I'd seem some of those Cavalli pieces before and liked them, and I was a bit "what, I can like Cavalli?" as well. The editorial with his new dresses was very pretty.. I'm such a romantic too.

Vasiliisa said...

Hey, I am currently trying to find a good home for a certain little cat. (Not mine, but in the family.) Please give it some thought, and drop me a line (suburban.queen at netti.fi) if you wanna know more!