Saturday, 17 May 2008

The UFF countdown

I just woke up after having slept for 13 hours. (It has been a rough week at work, with the fashion show and a lot of extra stuff to take care of.) I am sorry about my scruffy no make-up & bed hair appearance, but I was too excited to post about my UFF finds as soon as I got up.


I couldn't believe my luck with this mint green jacket. The colour, the cut, the black embroided detail... If I had visited UFF at the 7-euro day, I would have bought it already then, but I got this gem for 4 euros. The gold pencil skirt was 4 euros as well. It is a little bit wide at the waistband (it is pinned back in the picture), but I will take it in a little once I get a chance.


The poofy blue cardigan (4 e) is from UFF's weird Tirol-collection. I don't know where on earth they get this stuff from! The Sound of Music producers, perhaps? The skirt (2 e) is a bit long, and I was originally thinking of hemming it, but I don't know, now that I see it in the picture I kind of like the lenght with this much volume. What do you think?

This coat was a true find. Does anything get more Hitchcock heroine than this? I love the shape, as well as the fabric. If my fingers know their stuff (as they should), it is silk cashmere. I can't believe no one else snapped it before me. I got it for 2 euros! 2!


I haven't bought belts in a while. These three were 1 euro each. The clutch below is actually from Fida, from a week ago. I paid 1,50 for it.


Isto, in case you are reading this, if you still have an extra camera stand, I would be more than interested to buy one off you so I could maybe get rid of the blurriness in my photos!

11 comments:

alice said...

I love the skirt just as it is, I think all the volumes balance out nicely. The coats amazing aswell.

Also, grats on being featured on hipster musings, I love that blog.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what amazing finds! And you combine colors/styles so interestingly, and perfectly...the first outfit is stunning...I never would have imagined the beautiful light-green jacket....with the lovely golden skirt, and flower-print blouse. But it is such a stunning, rich and lovely outfit! The blue-print skirt looks perfcet at this length, and you look classy and beautiful. And as Hitch is by far my favorite director, I soo love the perfect Hitchcokian coat you found! That is one of the prettiest coats I have ever seen, and I could even see the most-beautiful Audrey Hepburn wearing it, in a film from the early 60s. Amazing finds....Waves, do you have to rotate clothes out of your wardrobe? Do you have room at your flat for everything, or are you selling items, as new ones replace them? :) But as always, you are perfectly stylish, and lovely, Chris

Anonymous said...

ps---I wonder if you have ever read anything by Haruki Murakami?

Ranna said...

Great finds!
I love the last coat, since it has always been my secret dream to be a Hitchcock-heroine. :)

I bought a bunch of stuff from UFF as well. I was particulary happy about a mint woolen 1960's peacoat I got for 4 euros.

princessmillatwoshoes said...

Great finds! That coat looks lovely on you. I only shop at the Tyrol Section of UFF. I love that stuff. I got 7 pieces out of there this sale alone. It is however a continuous source bewilderment and wonder: where did that stuff come from? who bought it originally? and what for?

Unicorns Have Whiskers said...

That coat is truly amazing. i'm now slapping myself for not shopping at the UFF sales. Oh well, there's always next time!
And I like the skirt at that length, don't hem! Your calves are so slim they can take any odd length and look great! I think the tirol section has some great cardis, I have a couple. I've tried on some dresses but they have always been too big. Some really cute dresses for lil' girls there, too!

hoyan said...

gosh! that coat. the color is perfect, i think it makes it a little bit less serious.

Grace said...

I love the coat in the third picture. It's really beautiful.

K.Line said...

Those are some awesome finds. I cannot get over how perfect the coat is. What an incredible shopping experience you had. K

Iztvan said...

Yes, i still have the stand, you can have it, anytime.

Asheeely said...

I adore that floral skirt. And if i would have seen that coat, I would not have had a second guess about buying it.