Wednesday, 18 June 2008

Laura Ingalls & co.

I am still going strong with faded pastels. There are small traces of change lingering in the air though. I am getting a feel for bolder prints and colours these days. This is what I wore today:


And these are the things I thrifted:

Cardigan: Fida, 1 e, and hat: Fida, 2 e. This outfit might be a bit too Agyness Deyn for my liking, but oh well, who cares. Here is a detail of the hat:

Dress: Flea market, 7 e. I hardly ever wear red (except for shoes and bags), but I really like the colours here, as well as the loose shape and the airiness of the dress. It was way too expensive for a flea market dress, but I figured I could layer it in the winter time so I will get more use out of it.

Skirt: flea market, 3,80e. The label on this skirt says that it is made for kids.

Wrap skirt: Fida, 3,70e. Wrap skirts and -dresses are a bit tough for my shape, but this one has a bit more structure to it than these types of clothes usually do.

Ruffle skirt: flea market, 6 e. This skirt is pure heaven. It was a bit expensive, but I just had to have it. The colours are perfect, and the amount of ruffles is just right!


This is what I am going to be wearing when I host a Laura Ingalls-themed tea party. Dress: Fida, 3 e. I have a feeling that this dress is pretty old. The fastening hooks at the back look ancient.

7 comments:

Hoyan said...

i love the hat and the red dress, but i think you could wear anything and make it look like a million dollars!

the freelancer's fashionblog said...

I like all of it! And especially the outfit on you in picture no2. (It's not too Agyness I think :)

the Grey said...

I hope I'm invited to the Laura Ingalls theme party, my obsession with Gunne Sax prairie dresses desperately needs an outlet! :P

Milla said...

Great hat and Lil' House dress. Now that would be a fun tea party.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the outfit with the red shoes and jacket, and the red dress's structure is really interesting.

The Waves said...

hoyan: thanks, although i am not convinced about the million dollar look... I am certainly not one of those people who manage to look immaculate at the end of the day. I don't know how some people do it. No matter what they do, their make up and hair is flawless, and clothes hang nicely... Give me an hour after I have got dressed, and my clothes are wrinkly, and my make up (if any) and hair are a mess. :-)

freelancer: Good! I have nothing against Agyness, but I see too many people copying her style these days. It's starting to look a bit old to me.

the grey: I am embarrased to confess that I had to google Gunne Sax. With dresses like those, how could I not invite you! :-)

milla: I've been dying to have a tea party for a long time. I don't know why it always gets postponed, I guess I am just lazy, like many people are these days about having parties or inviting people to their homes.

anon: the strangest thing about the red dress is that it is "one size fits all". Who in their right mind would come up with such a size tag..? (The other strange thing is that the brand is H&M. I hardly ever buy used H&M, especially for such an expensive price, but this dress was just too peculiar to be left behind.)

Jocelyn said...

The royal blue shirt/turquoise blue skirt/red shoes color combination is killer. Love.