Tuesday, 3 June 2008

Summerwear, part 2


A couple of days ago I was complaining about how difficult it is to choose what to wear in the summertime. I decided to fix the issue, and went shopping. No, I didn't go thrifting, I actually went shopping for clothes. In "proper" stores. I haven't done this in a long, long time. This coming weekend is going to be superwarm, and I am not going to care about being pale, or looking too skinny. I am prepared.


How lovely is this teapot print? The garment in question is supposed to be a nightgown, but come on... the teapots are dying to go outside, and this piece of clothing is clearly meant to be worn as a dress (or a tunic).



I don't know why but I am starting to feel comfortable in short lengths again. I am sure someone would wear this with leggings or trousers, but I don't do leggings, and trousers and tunics don't go together when I am concerned. Anyway, who cares? This dress is by Numph. (Where are umlauts when one needs them?)



I fell in love with this skirt (also by Numph). The green bag is my new favourite. I will wear it to shreds.


There. Come on, summer, do your worst!

9 comments:

Saana UK said...

I've just read your whole blog from the very first one in Feb to this last one to date. You're posts are great and interesting and your english flows so smoothly. I also love your style. Very cool! And unique. Amazing colours and combinations.
And by the way you look amazing in short lengths so go for it girl. You've got what it takes! Hope you'll have a amazing and exciting summer. And I'll be checking out your future posts for sure!

Anonymous said...

So adorable!

Tuu esittelemään sun ihania sääriä joku päivä tänne myymälään!

Anonymous said...

You have a very unique style, and I LOVE it! Although you can pretty much pull anything off! :P Lucky you!
I was curious and this is out of the loop of things, do you have a type of music you listen to?

Well anyway...hope your day is going well! - in regards with admiration. :)

iztvan said...

Kauniita kuvia, piristävät päivääni.

dependedeldia said...

Fantasticos los tres looks!!

The Waves said...

I will try to be more active on the comments-front from now on...

saana uk: I am glad you have enjoyed the blog! I hope you will visit often!

anonymous 1: I know it is you Suvi... jep, tuun joku paiva moikkaamaan!

anonymous 2: Thanks! The music question is a tough one, it is definitely tougher than picking a favourite film or a favourite book. Well, I guess I go through phases. Right now I am listening to Vanessa Paradis. Recently I have been listening to Curtis Mayfield, Estelle, M.I.A., Yelle and John Legend. Before that, I listened to Faith No More non-stop. I like Pet Shop Boys, Ride, The Flaming Lips, Smashing Pumpkins, Muse, Arcade Fire, Nick Drake, Astrud Gilberto, The Police, Archive, Goldfrapp, PMMP, among many others... I don't like Bob Dylan, AC/DC or the bands that all sound like Staind. My all-time favourite songs are The Sargasso Sea by the Great Depression, Trains to Brazil by the Guillemots, Rio by Duran Duran and Every day is like Sunday by Morrissey. And then there is Shostakovich. I am obsessed with Shostakovich and his works for string quartets.

iztvan: kiitti, tuun hakemaan joku paiva sita kamerajalustaa, jos saisin viimein aikaseksi! :-)

dependedeldia: Muchas gracias!

Miss Woo said...

The tea pot print on the dress is adorable. and I love your blog btw, would you like to trade links?

ray said...

cool buys.the teapot print dress is gorgous xx

The Waves said...

miss woo: Yes, let's trade! Your blog is a true inspiration, I feel honoured to receive a comment from you! :-)

ray: thanks, the print is perfect for a passionate tea drinker like myself...