Tuesday, 19 August 2008

The birds, the birds!

I have not been around because I have been having laptop trouble (again!). Everything should be working smoothly now, so I hope to be posting more often.

This is the outfit I wore at Mietti's birthday party on Saturday:




I went to the Hietsu flea market on Sunday, and found a couple of wonderful things. First, my little Lomonosov bird (the unindentified one on the back left) got company! The winter wren (in front) cost 7 euros, and the snow bunting (on the right) 9 euros. I am a huge fan of the Lomonosov animal figurines in general, but the birds are something special - they say that each individual bird is painted and/or shaped in a unique way, so that two are never quite alike.

I got this trench coat for 3 euros. The sleeves are a bit short, but I figured I could just roll them up to reveal the tartan lining, and perhaps add long gloves. I am not sure whether I should hem the coat or not, right now I am leaning towards leaving it the way it is.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really, really beautiful photographs, Waves. The hairband looks so lovely on you. And those little birds are just darling! :) And I agree the current length of the coat is just perfect on you. Wonderful pictures, all, thank you! :) Chris R.

Milla said...

I have that same wren! I've had it since a was a wee little tyke. Your birthday party outfit is very very elegant.

esme and the lane way said...

I love the nett hat/hairband, it looks amazing! Great finds, too. That trench is awesome, and I think the length already looks great on you.

beccajanie said...

the headband is beautiful and elegant - lovely!

Also, those little birds are wonderful. Wherever do you find them?

K-koala said...

Just a tip, there's a second hand shop in the corner of Topeliuksenkatu & Sibeliuksenkatu that has several Lomonosov figurines in the window. Maybe you should take a look :)

Some Notes on Napkins said...

lovely hat!

Anna-Maria said...

I have to say the headband is truly great. I would love to get my hands on something similar. :)