Wednesday, 6 August 2008

First time for everything


There really is something going on these days, in terms of feeling like I want to change the way I dress. Want proof?

Yesterday I wore leggings for the first time in my life. That must count for something!

It rained, so I got a chance to wear my IvanaHelsinki "I know what you did last summer" raincoat. I actually boycott IvanaHelsinki myself (the designer Paola Suhonen has insulted me in a way that was very traumatic to me at the time). However, this particular raincoat used to belong to Minni, she felt the need to get rid of it, so I had to help out.

My today's outfit was a little boring. The idea was to go for the type of print I wouldn't normally go for (the t-shirt) and a bit more colour than usual.

Indoors:
Outdoors:

Looking at these photos, I realised that I really need a haircut. What do you think, should I cut it short again, or should I let it grow a bit more?

4 comments:

Alana said...

I adore your belt! And your hair is really cute too, don't cut it!

The curiosity is killing me: what's the story with Paola Suhonen??? Yes, I'm being nosy, you don't have to answer :)

The Waves said...

alana: well, the story is not a secret or anything. It happened a long long time ago, when P. Suhonen was studying clothing design. I did a bit of modelling when I was young, and modelled for the graduation show she and the other students had put together. I was getting changed for fitting, and was standing there in my knickers, as P. Suhonen walks in, looks at me from head to toe as if I was a cheap piece of (nearly naked) meat, and, while looking at me in the eye, shouts out loud: "who the f*ck has booked these f*cking anorexic models for this show?" As a young girl I was never comfortable being tall and skinny, and was horrified that someone would say something like that, intentionally wanting me to feel so bad about the way I looked, especially in such a degrading way. Ugh, so many years have passed, and I am still really pissed off at her! Well, maybe she was stressed out about the show, or had a bad day, and I am sure she is a lovely person, but I have not felt comfortable spending a penny on anything she has ever designed due to this incident. (although I might have slipped a couple of times without knowing it, with Nanso clothes...)

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

Lovely layering, leggings aren't that bad - look good on you here.

SiempreBuena said...

Terrible story, that says a lot about the type of person she is. The stress of the show is no excuse to treat someone like that.

Ok, that being said...

I can't bring myself to wear leggings or tights, I feel sooo conscious about my legs... I know I should not feel that way but I can't help it! Besides, here in Caracas - Venezuela is usually really hot so I prefer naked legs and a simple dress, But we are having some rain and cooler temperatures, so maybe this time...