Wednesday, 20 August 2008

Portrait of a cat


I have had trouble sleeping lately. First it was Illusia scratching the bedroom curtains, always starting at 5 am. I have, at least temporarily, solved the problem by lifting the curtains up on the railings just before I go to sleep at night. Now, instead of her bringing down the curtains and the railings, I wake up to her gentle meows.

Masa has developed a habit of attacking my poor sleeping toes in the early hours of the morning. At first he was just patting my toes gently with his paws, but I guess the game was so much fun that recently it has turned into "claws-out-and-all" kind of action. But how could I be angry at someone who looks like this?


He was so funny as I took these photos above, it was as if I was a photographer on a photoshoot, instructing my model to look coy but beautiful at the same time, and he would move around on the chair, constantly looking at me as I took probably 10 or so frames. He is such a photogenic cat; well, they both are! The group shot turned out well, too.


This is what I wore today, indoors and out.



I am coming up with an impressive selection of in-between-season coats. This one is by Nümph, I bought it at the Beamhill summer sale. I also have my eyes on a wonderful Max&Co. animal print coat...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, your kitties are adorable! The group portrait made me smile so wide!! I love how Illusia is feigning indifference to her partner's attentions! They have such pretty coats! And you Waves, you TOO have such pretty coats!! :) Another great outfit, and it looks so comfy, as well. Great post!!! Chris R.

Milla said...

aaawww kittiekins! so very very cute. As is that ensemble. I like the elaborate simplicity of your outfits, if that makes any sense;)

beccajanie said...

Your kitties are absolutely adorable! Great snaps of them!

I also love the pretty green coat! I am envious!

Anonymous said...

Wow..ok, I have revisited this entry, and these newest fashion photographs and I have realized that I committed a Crime Against Commenting (and exhibited an embarrassing lack of observational skills) by not recognizing, and then commenting on the fact that these are quite clearly the greatest leggings ever created...the look, and the style, are absolutely perfect...you look absolutely perfect here Waves, sincerely, Chris R.

Richel said...

Loving the outfit here. The kitties are beautiful!