Wednesday, 3 September 2008

Picture this

I got this wonderful Swedish book from Minni. It is about old scrapbooks and the history of collectable images.


These images were my favourites. For some reason I have a feeling that biking used to be a lot more exciting and fun than what it is now...




I got distracted this morning while trying to figure out which clothes to wear, and accidentally left my sock container unattended as I left the room. I was away for about five minutes, and as I went back, this was the sight I witnessed:



"What? What's your problem?"


This is what I wore yesterday. I am not giving up on florals, not just yet...


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Your kitties are so pretty!! (And kitties just LOVE a pile of clothing!! :)

:) Bike riding does indeed look so much more fun (and dangerous!!) in the olden days!

Wonderful outfit too...very unique looking, and as always your outfits look so perfect on you. Great post, Waves!!! Chris R.

Anonymous said...

ps--and that is such a beautiful book your friend gave you! Those images came from a time when every tiny detail in an advertisement...a story book, etc, was meticulously, and beautifully crafted...the pictures then truly were worth a thousand words, and there were such gifted artists then working to make these drawings as lovely as they could, not matter the medium they were intended for. What a terrific gift!

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

What lovely drawings, reminds me of a book I had as a child.

iztvan said...

Picture this, a day in December...

Top bird said...

I love old-fashioned scrapbooks. Those bike pics are hilarious.

Cute look on you, too. xx

esme and the lane way said...

Great book, I love the illustrations! And your kittehs are adorable!

beccajanie said...

haha your kitties are so cute! I'm surprised they aren't actually IN the basket, that's what my cat always used to do. And I love that you aren't giving up on florals! You look darling in the outfit!

styledigger said...

He, why I didn't nkow your blog before??!? I really like it! And I agree about every word your wrote about winter trends- there are so many of them tahat it's impossible to be unfashionable.

Ps. Cute kittens. I habe an orande one:)

PS2. I'm linking you!!!

Sofie Violett said...

What a glorious book! It strongly reminds me of a book I used to borrow from the library all the time as a child: a picturebook by HC Andersen, which was put together as a present for his friends daughter, and later it got published. It's called "Christines bilderbok" I think. Hold on tight to that one! <3