Monday, 27 October 2008

Connections


I read a newspaper article about a crane whisperer. He nurses wounded cranes back to health, he speaks to them, he goes for walks with them, he teaches them to fly. Some cranes have stayed with him for a year, some for a decade. At this time of year, the cranes he has released back to the wilderness years and years ago stop by at the man's farm to dance with their old friend. They call him in the mist in the mornings, because they want to see him before they migrate. The man walks out to hang out with the cranes, dances with them for a few moments, and then says goodbye, as the cranes spread their wings and fly to the south for winter. This type of stuff makes me wonder what the hell I am doing with my life, and why the hell I care about my meaningless outfits.

I guess I care because us human beings crave for connections, be it with friends, loved ones, relatives or animals... or a bunch of strangers in the internet.

8 comments:

a cat of impossible colour said...

By caring about your outfits and posting them here you are
a) doing something creative
b) putting a little more thought into everyday life, which is always a good thing
c) sharing your life with people you would not otherwise have met
d) brightening my day :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, how I wish I could walk next to such beautiful creatures. It must feel so otherworldy, to have these lovely birds mirroring your steps, and echoing your moods. What a wonderful newspaper article this is! :)
And you look wonderful, Waves. This is a thoughtful, beautifully constructed outfit...I so love how the lighter band of the hat is mirrored by the lower edge of the long-sleeved shirt, under your tee. And your outfits are absolutely not meaningless, not to me, and I know not to your other readers (YAY!!! A-Cat-of-Impossible-Colour!!! :)...they reflect a wonderful spirit, and the tastes of a wonderful person. So thank you Waves, for your always-thoughtful posts, and always-lovely fashion photos. Sincerely, Chris R.

Eyeliah @ stylesymmetry.com said...

We can take photos AND also give back, don't worry it's all good!

Amy G. said...

You are connecting with us--it's not meaningless at all!

minni said...

I love this outfit!

The Waves said...

a cat of impossible colour: your comment just brightened my day!!! :)

Chris: I know, I want to go crane-walking too..! (although walking in the kitchen with kitties brushing against my legs is certainly just as wonderful!)

eyeliah: yup, agreed!

amy g: yes, and you guys are just as great as cranes! :)

minni: thanks sweetheart!

Slanelle said...

i love that black sweater

Sarah Von said...

Lovely, lovely outfit. Those tights are fantastic!