Thursday, 20 November 2008

Introducing Chris R.


Those of you who read my comments section know that there is one person who always has something to say, regardless of what type of nonsense I write about. The mysterious Chris R. started leaving long, thoughtful and personal messages on my blog somewhere around May. There was something about the way he wrote that made me think that a) he is no ordinary guy, and b) that I must know him from somewhere.

First it was him leaving comments and me replying to them on this blog of mine. Then comments turned into mega-sized e-mails, then e-mails gave way to voice letters, voice letters became 7-hour-long phone conversations and webcamming, and finally this past weekend, phone and internet became real life. Me and Chris R. met in New York City.

It is the weirdest feeling ever to sense that you just know someone, but to only actually meet them afterwards. It is the best feeling of all to find out that everything you thought and imagined about that person is exactly the way you wanted it to be.

12 comments:

Ranna said...

I remember him from your comments section very well!
That is such an amazing story and I'm so glad you got the chance to meet each other.

Vasiliisa said...

I always wondered if you knew him from somewhere "in real life". It just sounded like you already knew each other. In a way I was right wasn't I :). What a great story!

Saana UK said...

I love the story. Not so different to mine. S

Eyeliah @ stylesymmetry.com said...

How very cool!

basje said...

That's the cutest thing! :) I hope you'll be very happy together for a long time :)

SnapandPrint said...

Great story! Congrats to you for finding a cool guy who just gets you. Thanks for sharing the story.

Aurelia said...

Oh wow, that is so crazy romantic.

colfas said...

I was missing your entries all these days, now reading your story got me speechless!!!

It is an amazing story and I know I am going to be thinking of it the whole weekend!!

Enjoy it =)

mónica

Amy G. said...

What a wonderful thing to have happen in your life! It is not so odd...people used to correspond by long letters back and forth to get to know each other. It sounds like exciting things are in store for you both!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this was soo beautiful, Waves, thank you.
Chris R. here, everyone...I could write ten pages about the wonderful human being Waves is---I could tell of her unbeatable heart...her lovely spirit...her thrilling intellect...her wonderful sense of humor; but everyone who has read this blog for even a few weeks knows of those things. I will instead say, and with great joy, that I am the luckiest man on Earth. Thank you for being soo wonderful, Waves, yours, Chris R.

a cat of impossible colour said...

How romantic!

Alison said...

I've been reading this blog since just after the first entry. It really made me smile to read what has happened between the two of you. It is really nice to see that the comment portion of the blogging world brought two interesting people together. Sometimes I get sad when I see the hateful things people write on other peoples blogs. It is nice that the positive came through on this blog and you both found each other. I am sure the wonderful communication that you have both developed with each other will help immensely in your relationship. I wish you both the best! Thanks for brightening my day with your story.