Monday, 8 December 2008

Contrasts

I can't resist bringing the recent developments of my personal life into yet another post: after having struggled for more than a decade with a handful of boyfriends that didn't "get" me, I was often having to rely on the age-old mantra, "opposites attract".

As I have recently discovered, there are times when there is true comfort in simplicity and similarity, and unlike we are often told, it does not equal boredom. When it comes to style though, I find that there is always a need for something to break the pattern.



It can be materials that clash, or it can be colours that pop out unexpectedly, or accessories that don't quite seem to belong. I often envy people whose outfits seem (and are) impeccable, but more often than not, I realise that I crave for something to rebel against matchy-matchy.


6 comments:

Milla said...

I love both of these outfits, and I gotta say, I think there are no absolutes, not in outfit rules, and certainly not in love.

Anonymous said...

I love your outfits Waves, and I love when you l! And as always, thanks for the very interesting post, Chris R.

Anonymous said...

Oops! I left out a word in my reply, sorry Waves! It should read: "I love when you rebel!" That was certainly a very importnat word to leave out! oxox, Chris R.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Waves!! I forgot to ask, are the shoes in the top pic NYC shoes? :) Chris R.

ps---you look soo beautiful in these pics!!

the freelancer's fashionblog said...

I like both outfits but really love love the first. It's perfect!