Friday, 23 January 2009

Greetings from Italy


I have been out of town this week. I went to Italy on business, and came back late last night. I spent a couple of days in Reggio Emilia and sadly just one day in Milan.


I hadn't visited Milan in ten years (TEN YEARS!!!), but the city felt incredibly familiar nevertheless.




This was my first visit to Reggio Emilia. Work took so much of my time that I didn't really get to see the town in daylight. From what I hear, there isn't a great deal to see, but my impression of Reggio Emilia was very positive. The people were friendly, and the town had a lovely, slow, rustic atmosphere. This is the "view" from my hotel room:


This is the town theatre:

Unfortunately I didn't have much spare time, but I did manage to do a tiny bit of shopping in both locations. I bought this dress at Manila Grace.



I will post pictures of my other finds very soon!

5 comments:

Vasiliisa said...

The dress looks great. I'm curious about the necklace too, where did that come from?

The Waves said...

Vasiliisa: there are actually two necklaces; the wooden one is an oldie from Indiska, and the metal beads are from Jäähalli flea market.

Anonymous said...

Italy looks really beautiful, Waves! Chris

Rosa said...

Oh I love milano, you look so beautiful and perfect italian chic xxx

Becca Jane said...

oh - Italy is so beautiful! It's too bad you didn't have more time to wander around the little town by day.

I am in love with that necklace - it's stunning!