Tuesday, 31 March 2009

Catwalk inspiration, FW2009

There are times when I pretend to know something about fashion, you know, real fashion. This is my selection of the autumn/winter 2009 collections.


Proenza Schouler - this was by far the easiest collection to wear (and copy) and it had the most covetable shoes. I like the execution of the double-breasted jackets, as well as the overall simplicity of the look - urban chic with a laid back twist.





Prada - I sometimes feel that Miuccia Prada gets praise for whatever she does, just because she is Miuccia Prada. She could send models out wearing garbage bags and the fashion elite would we wearing it the next day. I liked what she did with shapes and textures this season though, especially the collars and necklines. And yay to the new pale! It is autumn/winter, you are supposed to look pale, right?! The thigh-high boots freaked me out a little though.




Kenzo - yes, Kenzo, I know, it is unexpected. I thought this collection was full of wonderful mixes of textures, as well as new lengths. I love the blue coat (minus the fur trimming), and I am once more in love with ankle socks worn with platform mary janes! True inspiration for layering!





John Galliano - hands down best make-up, best "show", craziest shoes (although Olivier Theyskens came close at Nina Ricci).





Dries Van Noten - best colour combinations, wonderful fluidity and texture. I think this show was my favourite. I really liked the pale face - orange lipstick combo, too. If only I could pull off that hem length without looking frumpy...




ChloƩ - just 'cause. I haven't liked anything by ChloƩ in a long time, and there were some pieces in this collection that made me think back to the good old days. That must count for something..?



Images from style.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am surprised to find that I really like the shoes with the fluffy tassels on them!! :) CR