Saturday, 14 March 2009

The Inventory begins

I had been trying to figure out for a while now how to start my wardrobe inventory. Eyeliah's words echoed in my head this morning: "if we cannot see things we will not wear them". I wish I had taken a "before" shot of my various closets, but anyway, off I went, and emptied everything I own on my bed, on my bedroom floor, where ever I could fit things. It took hours as I went through and saw everything I have. And holy Moses, there is a lot of stuff!

As soon as I got an impression of what I was dealing with, it was actually quite easy to start putting things away. I know I only scratched the surface today, but my closets look better already: I can more or less see what I have! A big thank you to Eyeliah for making me realise what my problem was!

I was just about to close the wardrobe doors when something about the picture above caught my eye: oh Masa! Both him and Illusia are incredibly keen on hanging out in my wardrobe whenever they get a chance.

Anyway, this is the first pile of stuff making its way to a flea market. Fellow Helsinki residents, any ideas which one to go for? Valtteri or Jäähalli..?

Friday's outfit (yes, I am keeping the Tyrol cardigan):

Thursday's outfit (yes, keeping everything!):



Tomorrow I am going to go through my shoes and outerwear. Aaargh! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Wonderful picture of Masa in amongst your clothes, Waves!! :) Kitties surely do love piles of human-clothing!! And what a lot of work this must have been! I bet the clothes you found led you through a kind of history of your last 7-8 years. I bet you found so many treaqsures in this journey!!! :) But the wardrobes look very good, and neat now! And I wonder what you will find in your shoes journey, today?? :) Chris R.

Eyeliah @ stylesymmetry.com said...

Oh I am so impressed, you have done a great job reorganizing so far! and I am so glad to have helped. :-)

Chicisimo said...

hehe, yes, I would have liked to see a "before" shoot. The "after" looks like a great job:)!

Kisses

Maria

Vasiliisa said...

I'm actually doing the same thing right now. A LOT is going out. TOO MUCH is still staying. Whew! Despite that, do let me know if/when you're selling your stuff, and where :). I personally prefer Valtteri but that's mainly because Jäähalli closes too early for my tastes :p

Anonymous said...

Wow, Waves, I really love the second to last photo...you look so beautiful,, like royalty...you could be Princess Grace's granddaughter! Chris R.

Pretty Little Pictures said...

You are doing what i badly need to do, congratulations :)

wrennybird said...

I love the white dress in the last picture.
I wish someone would go through my closet.

Becca Jane said...

this closet organization is a project I too need to do.

By the way, wherever did you find that beautiful high necked white dress? it is PERFECTION.

Milla said...

keep it up! Your white outfit is totes inspiring, too bad its a little impractical color for lugging wood and other country living...