Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Oink, oink!

I am back in Finland, and just got tested for swine flu. Yes, the pandemic might have reached No Signposts! Shock! Horror! Naah, there is no reason to panic. All I have is a sore throat and a runny nose, but the local health authorities recommend that all people who have just returned from the US and experience sudden cold or flu-like symptoms should get tested. I am sure it is just a regular cold. I don't even have a temperature.

This is what I wore last week Thursday when myself, Chris and a couple of friends went for dinner at The Chestnut Inn at Oquaga lake. Beautiful place, excellent crème brûlée!

The dress is by Cheap Monday, the shoes Jessica Simpson (I laugh every time I think about Jessica Simpson designing shoes - but they are great shoes!!!), and the handbag is a flea market find.

4 comments:

Eyeliah SS said...

That is a gorgeous outfit! I have so far avoided the Jessica Simpson shoes, and I hope you don't have the flu.

Anonymous said...

I am almost certain you do not have swine flu!! :) But best to quarantine in such cases...though we met no swine face to face in our visit, the possibility is always there that we crossed the path of one, in disguise.
Oy, Waves, I thought the Chestnut Inn's website missed the boat with its pictures...if they had posted a series of pics showing the lake, the place would have seemed so much more lovely! And speaking of looking lovely, Waves was stunning that night, and I am the luckiest boy in the world, and for a million reasons, CR

Jocelyn said...

Oh, Jessica Simpson isn't designing shoes. :) She's just putting her name on shoes that anonymous talented designers create.

The Waves said...

Eyeliah: I have to admit that I was hesitant about buying the shoes, but then I thought what the heck, I'll give them a try, and it was worth it!

Chris: oh dearest, stop it, I am blushing here. I agree with you about the Chestnut Inn website; it was kind of crappy for what the place is.

Jocelyn: yeah, I kind of figured she doesn't design the shoes... but the thought is funny, her sitting by a desk, drawing pictures of shoes... As if!