Saturday, 11 July 2009

Spiderwebs and lace ups

I am feeling particularly happy today. Firstly, I have the weekend off, which is simply wonderful after working two weekeds in a row. Secondly, me and Suvi are going to Linnanmäki, the local amusement park, which has a great old world feel to it; it's carousel is over 100 years old, and the roller coaster dates from 1951. Thirdly, I only have five more workdays left! The only thing not making my day is my poor little kitty Illusia, who is stuck wearing a collar once again. She seems to be dealing with it, but I feel terrible having to make her go through it.

The other day I experimented with some spiderweb-inspired tights:



Dress: Velour
Tights: H&M
Shoes: Vagabond

Of course those are not the tights I really wanted. These are:


Unfortunately I don't have $200 to spend on them right now... althought I would have, if I hadn't stupidly ordered two pairs of shoes from ASOS, more of which later. But I tell you, James Lillis is a genius. All of his limited-edition leggings are hand-made, and according to Queen Michelle, they are worth every penny. The picture is taken from James' fantastic blog, Too Many Tights!

I will probably be hitting myself on the head when my countless H&M tights and leggings rip apart (and they will), because for the price of 20 cheap pairs I could get really good ones to last a long, long time.



Sequined bolero: Primark (!); Top: men's H&M; Two dresses: Vero Moda; Suede-effect leggings: Zara; Shoes: Converse


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your outfits, Waves...those JLs are impressive leggings, CR

Eyeliah SS said...

I love the Black Milk collection!