Saturday, 4 July 2009

Thoughts on blogging, life and places

I have been such a bad blogger for... gosh, for a long time now, and I have a bad feeling that I will be, at least for a while. There have been new, exciting things happening in my life for the past year, and I hope that in the next month or two things will start to make sense again. I am planning to dedicate a lot more time for blogging come September. In the meantime I will be blaming life-altering factors (and one person in particular - you know who you are!) if and when the quality and quantity of my blogging has deteriorated, and will continue to, even more in the coming weeks.

There was a time when I wrote a lot more often, and of more substantial things on this blog... or well, I don't know about substantial. Let's just say I had a wider spectrum of things to write about. That is what I am planning on doing again. I miss writing about books and animals, and random thoughts. I can't really explain why those things have faded to the background lately; they shouldn't have. I suppose when one's life goes through a positively turbulent period of time, it is only natural for certain aspects of perception to change, at least temporarily. It is not that my interests have changed, not in the least, I just feel that I haven't had the time to think. Funnily enough, it is not that I have been any more busy than usual. My brain has been preoccupied, even though a lot of the times it feels empty to me.

Life is a curious place. I like to think of life as a location, not in terms of time, because even though both times and places change, evolve and fade away, places seem so much more permanent to me. I can go back in time with the help of memories, but nothing beats being able to stand at the door of your home, your work place, or next to your friend or loved one, realising why and how you got there.

I will be staying at my current job for only two more weeks. In terms of time, that doesn't really mean anything. But when I think about leaving my work place for the last time... now that is something within grasp. Walking out of that door will be a real change, and there are new places to go, which will make my life a whole different location.


Top: Gina Tricot
Top underneath: H&M
Trousers: Diesel
Sandals: Vila


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THOSE are really amazing sandals!! And honey, what are these changes you are talking about................................................. :) Yous posts are always interesting, Waves. Your books/animals/random posts will indeed return, and fairly soon, and when they do, they be as fascinating, heartfelt, lovely and appreciated as they always have been. And I'll look forward to them, greatly. So, when will you be telling me about these big changes?? :) Yours in feigned ignorance, and devotion, CR

Eyeliah SS said...

Oh, I am excited you may have more posts come September, but no pressure. What ever time you can give is fine, still a lovely place to visit. :-)

Anonymous said...

This is really well written, Waves...very nice. I love how you see the world. Yours, truly, CR

a cat of impossible colour said...

I enjoy reading your blog whenever you update. :) I think you enjoy a blog because of the person behind it, not necessarily because of the content, and I've always loved the little insights into your life that you share here.

A xx

Maria@chicisimo said...

I love the way you have to tell us whatever you want to say. We'll be here on Setember to read you, and to see your great outfits ;D
But, of course, no pressure. Blogging must be funny!!
xx

The Waves said...

Chris: oh, you know, just some random changes. You'll hear about them in the near future. :)

Eyeliah: In September I will try to blog almost as much as you do! ;)

a cat of impossible colour: thank you for your lovely words! I also find blogs with "life content" a lot more fascinating than the ones that just focus on a particular topic... although there is nothing wrong with that approach either. I guess essentially I tend to look for people behind blogs, and not just random reads.

Maria: I agree that blogging should be fun. There is no point if it feels like an obligation! :)