Wednesday, 22 July 2009

Tripped

Trippen is a German shoe brand, masterminded by Michael Oehler and Angela Spieth. Before I even begin to talk about the excellent quality and comfort of these shoes, let's take a look at the shoes themselves. Rest your shoe-hungry eyes on these!




These sandals are officially the most comfortable shoes I own. Mine are nude colour though, but they look great in black, too.



I bought my Trippens at 2or+ by Yat, which I think is one of the best (if not the best) clothing stores in Helsinki. They have a wonderful selection of clothes that steer away from both "look-at-me-I'm-fashionable"-clothes, as well as regular high street stuff. In addition to Soi Yat Cheung's collection, they stock A. F. Vandevorst, French Connection and Junya Watanabe. Today I took my Trippens out for a walk dressed like this:

I can't get over how comfortable these shoes are. The rubber sole, the quality of leather... everything about these shoes makes me feel as if I had stepped into a mold, perfectly shaped for my feet. What's even better is that unlike Camper shoes, for example, they don't have that comfortable-shoe-look which can sometimes be, well, all wrong. Okay, their prices are slightly on the high side, but it is not that we are talking about insane amounts of money for what they are.




I am going to have my hair cut next week. Any ideas..?

7 comments:

Grace said...

I quite like your hair now. I'd love to have the face to pull off a pixie haircut.

And the nude sandals, they look killer.

Love Grace.

M said...

Noista saappaista lähetin sulle kuvan joskus iäisyys sitten, eikö? Ihanat vaatteet, ihana IHANA Nainen!!!

Charlotte Drene said...

What utterley bizarre shoes!
I love them.

Maria@chicisimo said...

These sandals are awesome. I hadn't heard about this brand before, but I'm going to become a fan.
cheers

Oranges And Apples said...

I keep hearing about this brand! they look amazing. I'm going to berlin in september, so will check out their shop, although I have a feeling its a bit out of my price range!

Anonymous said...

Amazing shoes, Waves!! :) CR

Anonymous said...

Amazing shoes, Waves!! :) CR