Monday, 17 August 2009

Home sweet home


We started here about three weeks ago...

... and ended up here last Thursday. (Well, not on the road, but the scenery is pretty.)


Moving house can be a real pain. I had no idea that I had accumulated as much stuff as I had. Add a way too short of a timeframe to get things packed while showing a certain someone the best parts of Finland, two stressed out kitties, one frantic woman (I love you Minni!) with her three children moving in while one is moving out and the fear of US Customs & Immigration officials, well, let's just say I have had one hell of a month. Surprisingly, everything went well. The cats hated travelling as much as one could expect but they have settled in pretty well so far, and I got no trouble whatsoever at Immigration. It was almost too easy, and definitely not worth stressing out as much as I have. Anyway, here is my new outfit location:

Top and skirt: Urban Outfitters
Necklace: Accessorize
Flip-flops: Ava's old

6 comments:

wrennybird said...

How exciting for you! Congratulations on your new home (and continent)!
xo,
M

Eyeliah SS said...

Wow - big move!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I'm really surprised you got a visa to live in the US. They don't hand those out like candy at Halloween.

Suki said...

I love stories of travel and migration! Maybe because I've never lived in another country, except for short phases...

Your cute outfit has found its place next to those purple flowers!

Sx

Anonymous said...

I really miss you... You look beautiful :)

-Suvi

The Waves said...

wrennybird: thanks, and yes, it is very exciting, I am still trying to come to terms with the fact that I am here now! :)

Eyeliah: yup, big indeed... I am still not quite sure how all of this happened. :)

Anon.: I am still waiting for the actual visa. Yes, getting one is very hairy indeed, and I am here under the waiver programme until the embassy is kind enough to get its act together. It will take a while, and until then I'll be traveling back and forth between the US and Finland.

Suki: I have some prior experience in living in foreign countries, but every time it feels completely new and exciting! Ha, I hadn't even noticed the matching flowers in the photo! :)

Suvi: miss you too sweetie! :D