Monday, 28 September 2009

Dreams

I spent about an hour trying to wake up today. The murky weather kept making me drift back to dream land - to some random hot summer day, to a huge farm surrounded by hills, where they had a perfectly round, small swimming pool, gathering moss. I dream often, almost every night, but I hardly ever remember my dreams after half an hour of waking up. My dreams seem spookily real at times, and they can be repetitive too. I have visited a certain ski resort a handful of times in my dreams, but I have no idea whether the place actually exists. Still, at night time, I keep going back.

Me and Chris are quite a couple when it comes to dreams. Last night Chris hollered out a greeting to one of his favourite manga characters (yes, he is wonderfully nerdy) but later had no recollection as to why. Whereas my dreams are physically quiet and still, Chris speaks in his sleep, waves his arms about, and mistakes clothing hanging off the closet door for giant cats.

One of my oddest dreams was about my grandmother getting sick - she stood in her living room, but could not speak or move, and did not hear me. After waking up I had the strangest feeling that I had to buy her a present - I was obsessed with the idea for days and eventually spent a fortune on an antique brooch. A week later she had a stroke. Another time I dreamt of an army officer showing up at my doorstep with a folded flag, telling me that he had bad news regarding my father. Two days later I got a phone call telling me that my father's brother had died. I am the first one to say that those two incidents were random coincidences, but still, every time I have a strong dream with a certain unique presence to it, I sit down and take a mental (or concrete) note of it.



Jumper: Christian Dior / Salvation Army
Skirt: Hietsu flea market
Tights: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Vagabond
Necklace: Accessorize


1 comment:

Eyeliah said...

My dreams have been rather creepy lately. A book I am reading says that bad dreams mean that your subconcious is trying to tell you something, that you need to change something you are doing or to warn you.