Friday, 25 September 2009

My New Favourite Singer

Finally, the sewing project I have been waiting for! This is my new baby: And this is the fabric I will be transforming into a piece of clothing. I was going for red brocade, but for whatever reason this is what I came home with:

I don't really have great sewing skills, and the prototype I practiced on turned out all lopsided. I guess the whole thing will be an interesting learning experience if nothing else.

I had so much trouble taking outfit pictures today. One stupid wasp just wouldn't leave me alone, and if there is one thing in nature that I really dislike, it is wasps. I ended up waiving my arms about and rushing back indoors to gather courage to go back outside. For the detail pictures I stayed indoors, which is why the colours look all wrong. Oh well. What can you do.


Blouse: Tuuli's old
Cardigan: Jones New York / Salvation Army
Zipper dress: H&M
Tights: present from Chris
Shoes: Vagabond

4 comments:

Eyeliah said...

Those tights are amazing, have fun with your new machine!

T said...

"...which is why the colours look all wrong. Oh well. What can you do."

Buy a better digital camera that allows you to adjust the white balance for fluorescent lighting. I think they're not that expensive these days, and your photos will look so much nicer.

The Waves said...

Eyeliah: Oh I have been waiting to get a sewing machine for so long... I am so excited about all sorts of upcoming projects! :)

T: yeah, I should invest in a new camera, I know... The minute I typed "what can you do", I thought of adding "apart from getting a proper camera". :D

Anonymous said...

Another great outfit, honey!! Wow, those tights looked absolutely perfect on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chris R