Thursday, 17 September 2009

Seahorses!

The latest issue of the Economist introduced me to this book:

I have not read it yet, but I am convinced that it will be one of those books that I want to take with me everywhere - the type that one comes across only once or twice in a lifetime. Yes, of course it is very silly to get so excited about a book that one has not read. But you see, I love sea creatures, and above all, seahorses. They are the most intriguing of all in the underwater world. I mean, give me any other species where the male gives birth to a thousand little ones at a time, and I am sold. Add great looks (half fish, half horse), a sense of quiet and mystery, and it doesn't get any better than that. I found some great seahorse buys at Etsy:


Steampunk Seahorse pendant at HappenchanceAndOdd:


Hitching a Ride print by susanville:

Seahorse hair barrette at skybluedesigns2:


See Horse print by RichterFineArt:


Baby Sea Dragon necklace at bionicunicorn:

This is my outfit for today. Feeling rather boyish.




Men's shirt: Chris'
Linen trousers: Benetton
Bow: flea market
Shoes: F-Troupe
Glasses: Bjorn Borg

5 comments:

Eyeliah said...

The bow keeps it from being boyish though. .s. I can't read your blog in google reader anymore? weird.

The Waves said...

Eyeliah: I might have accidentally changed the settings, it should work now. Let me know if not, and I'll look into it! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Eyeliah!! You are adorable honey...I really like this look! And the seahorse books looks wonderful! We will get it right away. Chris R.

Spandexpony said...

Thanks for stopping by before with your kind words... thought you might like these: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31042415

The Waves said...

Spandexpony: OMG I love those tumblers!!! :)