Friday, 30 October 2009

Cat Television

Starring Willow and Audrey, the Squirrel Hunters:


I am kind of torn when it comes to feeding wildlife. Many people here feed birds in the summertime too, which for me in completely unheard of. I guess it is just one of the many things that are different here in the United States. Others include the option to de-claw your cats, windows that don't open from the side which makes them really difficult to keep clean, and having to drive to a park in order to go for a walk. We decided to put a couple of bird-feeders out when the nights got frosty. The birds and the squirrels love them, as do our cats.


I haven't been particularly inspired when it comes to outfits lately. Who knows what it is - the gloomy weather is a strong contender. Instead I have been planning our veggie garden for the coming year. There are so many things I want to grow - herbs, lettuce, spinach, carrots, peppers, tomatoes - and I am loving the huge amounts of varieties to choose from. (I mean, miniature peppers called Jingle Bells? I am sold!) My past experiences with gardening range from watering my mom's small greenhouse and weeding our potato field when I was little. I have never actually grown anything myself. I still hope that my mom's extensive gardening has left its mark on me. After all, I have seen her do it for over 20 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I am kind of torn about those squirrels! I love watching them, but OMG, they are gluttonous little devils!! As long as the birds can still get to the feeder though, it's cool.
And sweetie, about feeding wildlife...you have been cooking for me a lot, you know?? :) oxox, CR