Thursday, 8 October 2009

Prints galore

I went to Joann's the other day. It really is like a fabric version of a candy store to someone like me, because ever since I got my sewing machine a few weeks ago, I am constantly thinking about all the pretty, unique clothes I could make. I could literally spend hours at Joann's, especially going through the red tag piles - you wouldn't believe the types of fabrics you can get for $3 a yard! This time though, all I wanted was prints. I wanted a lot of prints, a crazy mix of prints. Until two years ago, say, my wardrobe consisted mostly of grays, pale blues and pinks - well, pretty much everything that was pale. Apart from a couple of second hand blouses, I didn't do prints. Who knows what has changed. Perhaps living with a certain someone who boldly mixes stripes and plaids in his attire might have something to do with it.

I found these pictures in the November issue of Marie Claire quite inspirational:





And yes, I found prints - a lot of prints. I'll be sharing them with you soon.

pictures taken from fashionspot


1 comment:

Eyeliah said...

I like to mix prints too, I have been thinking lots of argyle and plaid, more florals with stripes. Have fun sewing!