Friday, 6 November 2009

No, I have not carried out acts of violence against the Haitian people

I have had a slightly random week as I have been preparing my trip to Finland. This is an important one - there will be plenty of paperwork and dealing with various authorities, doctors and the US Embassy in order for me to get my visa. The process is pretty complicated and detailed but not quite as insane as it could be. Okay, I just found out yesterday that among other things I will need to have my lungs x-rayed in order to qualify for a visa. (TB patients don't qualify.) I will also have to declare that I do not intend to practice polygamy in the US, and that I am not a member of any Columbian terrorist groups - but hey, at least the questions are straight-forward and pretty easy to answer.

All in all it hasn't been too bad, up to this point, anyway. The application took a lot of time to put together, but it was approved in about four months (instead of ten), and we never had to file any extra paperwork. Now it is up to the US Embassy in Helsinki to give their final say in the matter.

I am off to Finland tomorrow, and will be blogging from there during the coming weeks.

No comments: