Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Best of 2009

So it is that time of the year again. Tomorrow is the last day of the year, and it is (I have been told) a good thing to look back at everything that tickeled one's fancy during the past year. 2009 has been a big year for me. After my it-must-be-fate meeting with my biggest fan (hee-hee, no Misery references intended) Chris R. back in November 2008, the entire year pretty much revolved around us getting together. I gave up my job and apartment (heck, pretty much my entire life in Finland - apart from my cats who came with me) in order to move to the US to be with Chris in August. Naturally it has been a huge change. There are still a lot of things out in the open regarding my living here (work-related issues being the biggest), but so far everything has gone rather well. I am looking forward to 2010 in the same way I looked forward to my first year in university. I expect to learn a lot, mostly about myself. I am enthusiastic about meeting new people, coming up with new routines, seeing new places and finding new things to look at.

Playing on repeat in 2009 were (in no particular order):

Bat for Lashes: Two SunsPhoenix: Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

Animal Collective: Merriweather Post Pavillion (including the best song of the year, My Girls)

Florence + The Machine: Lungs

St Vinvent: Actor

Movies that I enjoyed the most:



What I loved to look at in 2009:

Anything by Edward Gorey

Anything by Margaret Meyer

Life-changing book of the year (although it came out in 2007 already):



My favourite outfits of 2009:


Other 2009 wonders, encounters and thank-yous: my beautiful niece Katerina (now a 1-year-old, whom I miss terribly every day), our 7 cats, plenty of time, my sewing machine, new and old friends and family - you all know who you are - thank you for the love and support!

3 comments:

Eyeliah said...

Lovely recap, that paperbag waist skirt fall colored outfit was my fav of yours this year too.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, sweetie! I am very proud that I was able to share all of this with you (and Katerina is indeed a very lovely young lady!! :). CR

Margaret Meyer said...

Aw, thanks!
Happy New Year to you and yours!
xo,
M