Wednesday, 16 December 2009

Great Lengths

I am finally back in the US. My last week in Finland was pretty hectic. I had my visa interview, after which I had a day or two to figure out my travel plans (Christmas makes flights expensive). I needed (and wanted) to spend time with family and friends before heading back here, pick up my visa, make sure I had all the necessary papers... it was a handful. I flew back on Sunday only to encounter serious trouble at immigration. The Embassy had forgotten (their words, not mine) to give me a bunch of papers to go with the visa, but luckily after waiting and pleading I was allowed to enter. As soon as I got home, I was struck with a cold, but oh well, I have felt worse. It is good to be home! Anyway, thank you for the advice regarding my hair - me and my hairdresser envisioned a Mia-Farrow-meets-Joan-of-Arc cut on one of my last days in Finland:


I haven't exactly been preoccupied with great outfits recently. For the most part, warmth and comfort have trumped over style, especially since I've been struggling with the cold for the past two days. I was pretty happy with this one though. I am really feeling longer lengths - when it comes to clothing, that is. Not the hair.


Jersey cardigan: Silence + Noise at Urban Outfitters
Tie dye top: Horisontti flea market
Long dress: Urban Outfitters
Scarf: can't remember where

2 comments:

Eyeliah said...

I like the hair!! so glad you went with the short Mia. :-)

tigerteacher said...

I love your haircut! It really frames your face beautifully.

I'm with you on the longer skirt lengths. I was enjoying above the knee lengths paired with ankle boots earlier in the fall but since the temps have dropped, I'm seeing the beauty of taller boots and longer skirts (just below the knee for me) with leggings layered underneath - not only am I warmer, I feel more grown-up and sophisticated in these lengths.