Sunday, 27 December 2009

New Arrivals

Just before Christmas me and Chris went to Ithaca for a day, and as usual, I quickly made my way to Petrune, a lovely vintage store located in the Commons. I am a little torn about the place though. In my books a good vintage store does not sell items that are dirty or have holes in them, and it amazes me that Petrune does this every now and then. For the most part, they have a great range of vintage clothes and accessories in good shape, and their prices are reasonable. But really, to put a $50 price tag on a 1950s wool cardigan that has been consumed by moths..? I don't know why anyone would choose to sell something like that.

I had my eye on a pair of cropped navy officer's wide legged trousers from the days of WWII, but ended up buying this Nina Ricci wool skirt for $20 instead.

I was already making my way out when this 1980s belt caught my eye. Naturally, I had to have it as well, even though it was a little pricey ($18) especially compared to the skirt.


I do regret that I didn't try on the sailor's trousers, though. They would have looked great with a plain t-shirt, a round-neck cropped cardigan, ankle socks and a pair of black mary-janes.

1 comment:

Eyeliah said...

I don't know about that belt.... I think I need to see it with an outfit. ;-)