Sunday, 6 December 2009

To Cut or Not To Cut

I need some help. I can't figure out whether I should have my hair cut short or let it grow longer. This picture was taken a little while ago, but you get the idea what my hair looks like now: really long in front, MacGyver at the back: a rather undesirable The Fifth Beatle-look.

When I had shoulder-length hair, I tended to wear it like this a lot, which was mainly just because I was lazy - although I guess the messy ponytail look is sort of cute:

Then came the horrid yellow dye disaster, followed by the superbly successful pixie cut:

It grew out into a MacGyver:




Then I had it cut long on one side, short on the other, which was cool but a little too modern in the end.


And then in came Ian Curtis:


The problem is that the in-between stage is so horrible that I hesitate to even attempt to go through it, even though the thought of having longer hair appeals to me at the moment. However, whenever I see a picture of myself with really short hair, it hits me every time that short really suits me. What should I do?


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would love to see a mohawk on you. you could pull it off.

DVM said...

Whatever you do, do not do a Grace Jones! That's just scary!

Anonymous said...

The best of both worlds...every-other-day WIGS!!!! The ever-helpful CR

ps--I really liked all of the looks...my fave was possibly the messy ponytail...or the too-modern...or the Ian Curtis...or...

pps---you LOVE MacGyver!!!

Anonymous said...

ppps--the Mohawk WOULD be interesting!!! CR

Anonymous said...

pppps--yes please, no Grace Jones!! (That's fine for her though, but I am not engaged to Ms. Jones!! :)

Anonymous said...

I like the too modern best. I can't see the other side of the head in the pic, and it makes you have very soft and feminine features! Missed you at JBL.

Eyeliah said...

I like your variations of cuts, all so cute and edgy at the same time (almost impossible). go for the shorter Mia Farrow (imho). :)

SzafaN said...

At the moment I have the same problem you had - cut or not to cut? Your choice is really really great, hope mine will be the same ;)
p.s. Short hair fits you for sure, I really like you also as McGyver!