Friday, 22 January 2010

Labels

I found this Lanvin dress at a flea market in Helsinki for 5 euros. There are times when I come across designer gear at charity shops or flea markets, and wonder whether I should buy it, with the thought at the back of my mind that at least I can sell it on eBay or Etsy in case I don't wear it ("it is an investment"). Needless to say, I have never sold any of my few second hand designer clothes, which is probably because at the end of the day, I always go for the particular piece rather than the brand. Seeing the designer label sets a shock wave through my body at times, but it always comes after the first shock wave that was caused by the actual piece of clothing. Not that the label changes anything, really. Perhaps it is more of a comfort factor. At least you know you have come across something that is most likely a decent quality piece, which is never a bad thing.

Shirt dress: second hand Lanvin / Aino flea market
Cardigan: Urban Outfitters
Tights: H&M
Belt: flea market
Shoes: mom's old Gabor
Necklace: Accessorize
Watch: 1950s Hamilton, present from Chris

3 comments:

Eyeliah said...

Oh good idea to resell, even if you haven't done it yet.

Ranna said...

That is on of the best dresses I've ever seen. Not because of the brand, but because of everything else about it. And it looks like it's been custom made for you.
Lucky girl!

Xavi said...

I like this buttoned up dress. Nice!