Saturday, 16 January 2010

Mrs Chris R.

In Up In the Air (a wonderful film, by the way), George Clooney's character, a nothing-ties-me-down-and-all-I-need-is-my-freedom kind of guy, has to try to persuade his sister's husband-to-be to go ahead with the wedding after the groom has serious doubts on the morning he is supposed to get married. Yes, we all die alone anyway, and yes, there really aren't that many things you can come up with when one asks "what is the point of getting married" - except what Clooney's character ends up saying: that it is nice to have a co-pilot in life. I would add: it can turn long-distance relationships into close ones. Here's the big news: me and Chris R. got married on Thursday.

For those of you who haven't been coming here for long, me and Chris got together because of this blog. He started leaving comments as Chris R. about a year and a half ago, and after a lot of comments, e-mails, phone calls and IM conversations we decided to meet up in November 2008. At the time it seemed like too much of a coincidence to meet someone online who shares pretty much every single like and dislike (apart from peanut butter and Bob Dylan) with me, not to mention the general approach we have towards life. For a while I thought that Chris was someone I knew from before, hiding behind a secret username. But here we are, a little over a year later. What started here in the comment section of this blog, has become something very real, something to build a joint future on. This is what I wore yesterday, after having been married for about 24 hours:

Jacket: Helvi-mummi's old

Skirt: second hand / Fida

Scarf: present from Chris
Tights: H&M
Gloves: Sportmax
Shoes: second hand Bally / Fida
Hat: second hand / Aino flea market
Handbag: second hand / Play It Again Sam vintage

15 comments:

SzafaN said...

Congratulations! I didn't know your story, but it is really nice :) As we know, life really is full of coincidences :)
Although for me marriage did not change much, it is always a nice ceremony to remember and celebrate.
All the best!

Alexis said...

Lovely story. My husband is a Chris R. too!

Congratulations to you both!

Anastasia said...

congratulations!! I've been following your blog since before you both met and have followed the story all along. I hope you both have an amazing future together.

T said...

congrats! a very proper outfit for a married woman, too.

Haidi said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eyeliah said...

My goodness, congratulations!

Michele said...

Beautiful words and a beautiful outfit too! Here's wishing you both the very best.

Anonymous said...

wow, congratulations! I've been reading your blog since before your relationship with your husband started. Wish you too the best. I love your style and the way you write.

SnapandPrint said...

Congrats!!!!!

My you be each others co-pilot's in life always.

Kristine said...

Congratulations! What a romantic story and proof positive that soulmates exist, it's just a matter of finding them. Glad the stars aligned for you and wishing you both all the best.

Margaret Meyer said...

Hurray! Congratulations and much love to you both!

Karima said...

congratulations! what a great story. wish you both every happiness!

vesperbeauty said...

Wow, congratulations! What a pleasant surprise. I'm really happy for both of you. :)

Charles said...

congrats! i love your story and am so glad to have discovered your blog through something so beautiful :)
xx

kelsey said...

Wow what a wonderful blog you have! When aw this post I knew I needed to comment. I also met my husband through similar means, and am still in disbelief that we ever crossed paths. I think some things are just meant to be :) congrats to you both! I am also really looking forward to following your blog.