Friday, 19 February 2010

Attention

I have said this quite recently, but here it goes again: the best thing about blogging is belonging to a community. We come from the far corners of the world, live our own lives and come together, sometimes daily, to have a look into each other's lives, thoughts and wardrobes. Angel passed on this blog award to yours truly. Thank you, Angel!



There are a lot of beautiful blogs out there that I follow actively. Some are picture-heavy style diaries, some are outlets for random (or skillfully) crafted thoughts. I figured that I'd pass on this award to bloggers whose scribblings I really enjoy reading. They go through the trouble to write from the heart, about their lives and thoughts, sometimes in a very personal sense. Here we go, the winners are:


Tie-dye t-shirt: second hand / flea market
Cardigan: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: self-made from an old tunic
Tights: Noa Noa
Shoes: Pura Lopez
Necklace: Indiska
Bracelet: Tom's

P.S. What a strange coincidence! Andrea of a cat of impossible colour just featured me as her Woman of the Week. It's almost as if we were exchanging awards, but I tell you, it is not what it looks like! Thank you, Andrea!

8 comments:

a cat of impossible colour said...

Haha, it is like we planned it! :) Serendipity. Thank you so much for this, it's very kind of you!

A xx

Charlotte said...

I came in from an afternoon at the thrift shop to find your good message.
Thanks so much, Waves!
I'm glad to learn of the other blogs, too.

Anonymous said...

oh I loved the cat stories, even though I don't own a cat and I'm not a cat person at all, not a pet person at all! I love to read about them and see them in pictures though and I think that is as close as I'll ever get to owning a pet. I prefer dogs over cats in real life though. Anyways, those shoes are awesome!

Milla said...

Thanks so much! The community is definitely best part of this bloggy-thing (and getting sneak-peeks into the lives of others;) I loved the cat post and I'm totally loving the fact that since you moved to America and got married you've mastered the crazy awesome unexpected pattern-mix. Each outfit is just more stunning than the last.

mirattes said...

I'm just found your amazing blog and can't wait to scroll it all. Fabulous shoes ;)

Terresa said...

I'm here via A Cat of impossible colour. And loving your outfit very much.

Cheers,
Terresa

NYC Fashionista said...

LOVE the shoes and the necklace! A very nice outfit altogether!

Michele said...

Thanks so much! Sorry it took me all this time to notice and respond...still not quite back to blog life. Can't wait to check out those other blogs!!