Sunday, 21 March 2010

In the Neighbourhood


After being told by the US Homeland Security that I was not allowed to leave the country to visit my family and friends in Finland, Chris and me took a little trip to the countryside yesterday. We visited a small local maple farm.


I have always had a soft spot for goats, and was thrilled to see some, as well as a two-week-old calf called Cow.


We also visited an old cemetery in Sanitaria Springs, which was once a thriving location for a sanitarium, whose sulpho-phosphate springs and homeopathic treatments were immensely popular in the late 19th century. I guess the sanitarium no longer exists - I wasn't able to find any information online as to what happened to it. The town itself is tiny and run-down.


Dress: Tuuli's old
Cardigan: Noa Noa
Tights: H&M
Shoes: Office
Earrings: JBL

9 comments:

mirattes said...

Strange enviroment for photoshoot, but you look great ;)

eunice said...

cute outfit! I love your tights! looks like such a fun trip :)

heyfancypants.blogspot.com

Jane W. said...

what???!!!!! That is utterly absurd (HSA, not your outing).

You look lovely, at any rate.

Modesty is Pretty said...

oh you look stunning, this has got to be one of my favorites outfits that you've worn! Love it, you look so beautiful. Hope that you will be to see your family soon, don't be discouraged. =)

jesse.anne.o said...

I am sorry to hear about the travel restrictions. So strange and unfair. Not surprising for HSA, though, to be strange and unfair (spoken by a true American).

I am jealous of:
- your dress!
- maple syrup!
- goats!

I hope that cemetery has nothing to do with the sanitarium. (Kidding!)

Maria@chicisimo said...

I love your outfit!! ANd I'm so sorry that you couldn't leave USA to visit your family. It's so ridiculous :C !!çxoxo

whatiwore said...

Ooh, I looove that dress! Too cute!

Eyeliah said...

I am so sorry about that - booooo -

Elissa said...

WHy won't they let you visit??? I'm sure that was hard news to get! Meanwhile, I adore your outfit... those tights are just tooooo good!!