Sunday, 14 March 2010

Lazy Weekends

I have had a pretty lazy weekend. The weather has been rather gloomy and gray, so Chris and I have stayed at home for the most part. On Saturday we went to see a play at the local theatre, but apart from that, we have just been taking it easy. Today we have celebrated Chris's birthday in a rather eventless manner. We were supposed to go out for dinner and a movie, but we decided to stay at home and eat chocolates instead.


I finally got my hands on the new Joanna Newsom cd (it was a birthday present for Chris actually, but oh well, sometimes you can buy presents for others with yourself in mind, right?) as well as two new books on the history of mental asylums. I am like a little child when it comes to my personal research projects. How is it that a book or two on mental institutions can make me so happy?



Wool sweater: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: Tuuli's old
Tights: Sears
Ankle socks: Goldtoe
Shoes: Pura Lopez

11 comments:

Charlotte said...

What research are you doing on asylums? I'm pretty fascinated by them as well. In Ohio there are archives called "the lunacy journals" that document inmates. I've always wanted to use that title.
Great, sane shoes you have on.

Modesty is Pretty said...

love your skirt and your shoes =)

Sal said...

I love the gold toes of your socks peeking out of the shoes. Such fun.

And happy belated to Chris!

Jane W. said...

Love the navy and brown together, with the green toes. We had a lazy day too, yesterday. It was wonderful.

sinnlighet said...

Yes yes yes, your blog is just soooo wonderful and gives me a lot of energy!

A footprint from Sweden by Agneta

whatiwore said...

I want your shoes AND your cd!

Eyeliah said...

These socks are super cute mixed in here, I usually have lazy weekends but this one was busy!

Anonymous said...

Nice touch, with the gold toes peeking out, hon!!! :) CR

mirattes said...

Great outfit choise for lazy weekends. Where is my lazy weekends?!

Rad_in_Broolyn said...

Love this outfit, especially the shoes. The birthday celebration sounds perfect.

noel said...

i love polka dots! and that sweater is adorable!
-noel