Saturday, 20 March 2010

Sometimes the Internet is a big throbbing headache


First things first: thank you so much for all your comments regarding the comment issue! I will keep reciprocating, and when questions arise, I will either devote a post to them if the topic is bigger, or do an occasional Q&A. Feel free to e-mail me or ask questions whenever you like, and I will find a way to get back to you!

Second: the reason why I haven't posted since Tuesday is because our internet has been down. There are times when I just hate technology. We've been struggling with our internet for a few weeks now, but on Tuesday it just decided to not respond to my pleases and pretty pleases. I was getting seriously frustrated, but now things seem to be back on track. For how long though, I don't know.

Third: I have had a great week! On Wednesday I got prepared to post about my research on mental asylums, and made a field trip to our local abandoned asylum in order to get some photos. I managed to snap a good twenty or so wonderful photos before the asylum security very politely told me to get a permission in order to take more pictures. (It turns out that some parts of the ruins are dangerous due to black mold and asbestos, and some parts of construction are in danger of collapsing.) Anyway, more on this to come in a moment!

On Thursday I took a 3-hour bus drive to visit the Big Apple. One of my best friends in Finland came to NYC with her boyfriend, and we spent a lovely day together. I might have bought a couple of new things, and I will post about those, and my feelings regarding big city shopping very soon.


Purple lace top: second hand / Jane Vintage
Cardigan: Benetton
Skirt: Gina Tricot
Tights: Noa Noa
Shoes: second hand / Fida

5 comments:

Rad_in_Broolyn said...

I love the purples and different textures in this outfit! Sorry about the internet woes (I don't know what I'd do without feeding my addiction). Glad to hear you had some nice adventures! Especially NYC. I always want to be a tourist in my own town.

FashionTheorist said...

I love that purple eyelet lace top. It's so pretty without being overly girly!

In your research about the history of mental institutions, have you come across the Harlem Valley Psych Center in Dover, NY? I think there are a few locally published books that have some information on it - I'd be happy to track down a few titles for you, if you'd like. It also can't be too far from you if you're within three hours of NYC.

Hope your Internet woes clear up!

Jane W. said...

This outfit was worth the wait! Love the eyelet and ruching together.

Have you ever read The Yellow Wallpaper? It's a 19th-century novel about a woman who does lose her mind after being "diagnosed and treated" for hysteria.

gina said...

I love all the blues!

Modesty is Pretty said...

I'm definitely excited to read about your research on asylums, looking forward to it. Nice outfit as always.