Wednesday, 28 April 2010

100% Second Hand


I am having one of those weeks when I feel like there is just so much going on. For the past two days I have been helping Lynn, who is throwing a big jewelry party over the weekend, and there has been a lot of polishing and arranging to do. Our house is a mess because our downstairs home improvement projects are slowly but surely taking over our lives. The veggie garden has issues of its own, such as snow, hail and freezing temperatures, and I have been busy trying to save my lettuce, onions and pansies from certain death. One of our cats has started peeing in unusual places again, so that's another concern. I have also been working on a very therapeutic guest post, which has been wonderful, but it has also made my mind feel increasingly occupied. However, I managed to find the time to throw together an all-second-hand outfit in order to participate in Eyeliah's wonderful "wear 100% vintage" challenge. My tights are not second hand, but considering how difficult it is to come by vintage tights, and tights are sort of like underwear anyway, I think I am happy to call this outfit 100% second hand anyway.

Despite our jewelry party project, Lynn and I found the time yesterday to swing by a wonderful antique / second hand store. I bought this blouse:

these vintage clip-on earrings:

and this cute candy / sugar dispenser:


You know how I complained about my green card stuff yesterday? Take a closer look at the form they sent me regarding their need of an additional copy of our marriage certificate. They are asking for one between myself and a deceased US citizen. Isn't that just the most ridiculous thing you have ever seen?




Orange sweater: second hand Finn Karelia
Cardigan: second hand / Salvation Army
Skirt: second hand / Fida
Tights: Noa Noa
Belt: second hand / Salvation Army
Shoes: vintage Bally / Fida
Brooch: used to belong to Lynn's grandmother - that counts as second hand, right?
Watch: 1950s Hamilton

5 comments:

Sal said...

I’ve never had any luck thrifting shoes, so I can’t play along. But I adore your look! Another marvelous mash-up of colors. And the newly-thrifted blouse is GORGEOUS.

Charlotte said...

The Italian mosaic brooch you're wearing is identical to one that I have! Your colors are so happy!

Modesty is Pretty said...

The sugar dispenser is great,I love it and the clip on rings and you will more than likely rock that beautiful shirt you bought. Sorry about the things going on, so many of them but do not be discouraged and hope everything will resolve with your green card process. Hopefully your kitty will be alright. I love that pin that you are wearing! You know I find vintage tights (new) all the time, the only thing is that usually when I open them they feel kind of sticky, like the color comes off and stuff, I have tons of them,all thrifted new because like you said they are almost like underwear and that is a no-no to thrift! =)

Someone said...

I like your vintage Italian glass mosaic/millefiori pin - they can be so fun!

Skyline Eyes said...

Your new blouse is very pretty, I wish I could make ruffles suit me like that! A lovely outfit post as well.