Thursday, 6 May 2010

Notes to Self


1. After ranting about designer goods and spending, wearing one's only pair of designer shoes the next day feels a little odd, especially because I love them so.



2. It is generally a good idea to let one's hair dry before taking outfit pictures.


3. Online shopping can be really dangerous. All I needed to do was to push a button to order two new books on mental asylums - it is too easy! (I blame a wonderful website I found today; this one, which is dedicated to the asylums that were created on the basis of the Kirkbride plan.)

4. Shopping in general can be really dangerous. I bought a bunch of vintage jewelry yesterday even though I really didn't need any.



5. I really can't afford to rant about consumerism while sustaining my mindless shopping habits. Oh the double-standard!



Blouse: second hand / Rambling Rose
Jeans: Denim Birds
Belt: second hand / UFF
Socks: can't remember
Shoes: John Galliano
Earrings: second hand / America's Attic

11 comments:

Jane W. said...

That outfit is wonderful! Love the shoes and earrings mixed with the floral and denim. Hair dryers are highly overrated.

a cat of impossible colour said...

I love the combination of the cuffed jeans with the shoes and socks! Am absolutely going to copy this - hope you don't mind. :)

I am really enjoying your posts on spending as well - it is something I am struggling with at the moment, and I'm finding it hard to articulate my thoughts. Your posts really resonate with me.

A xx

Skyline Eyes said...

Those shoes are lovely. What a great outfit (:

Lauren said...

Those shoes are, quite frankly, divine. I love them!

Charlotte said...

This is a whimsical outfit, very becoming on you. I love the contrasts in textures. (I stayed home from the Thursday thrift store today to grade papers. Feeling especially virtuous here...)

Sal said...

It's tough to be a thinking consumer AND a shopaholic, ain't it? ;)

I'm in love with those shoes, too. Dang, they're gorgeous.

Modesty is Pretty said...

what a great outfit! I love that vintage pin you bought. =)

Teenysparkles said...

Haha! I'm sure you're allowed a little leeway. THose shoes are fabulous. And the jewellery!

Eyeliah said...

P.S. A few posts ago I mentioned an interview with the Fashion Spot I did and I name dropped you in it :-)

Eyeliah said...

oh I know what you mean, the last year I’ve taken to avoiding stores completely so I won’t spend. I have far too much already!

wardrobeexperience said...

just another amazing outfit on you. the blouse is so gorgeous and looks so good with the jean.