Saturday, 24 July 2010

Going, going, going...

The sun and the unusual heat hasn't changed the fact that it is late July. Today is the first cool, cloudy day since I got to Finland. Today I can already smell the end of summer. I took these pictures in my brother's garden. He and his family lives in the house I grew up in. Perhaps that is why I notice the passing of time there better than anywhere else.


I am having a slow and quiet weekend. Everyone is out of town, and I am looking after my sister's cats and my brother's house.

I bought the dress at UFF this week. It was on sale for 5 euros. I love how the pattern on the dress changes from colourful in the bodice to black and white, and then back to colourful toward the hem.



3 comments:

Modesty is Pretty said...

what a peaceful time you must be having, the pictures are awesome, especially that one of the snails, your dress is very pretty too.

Charlotte said...

Lovely photos, Waves--and that dress is a marvel. I've never seen anything quite like that print!

Eline said...

That's such an amazingly beautiful dress! I can't believe you got it for that cheap!

I also love that picture of the snails. It's adorable :D