Friday, 9 July 2010

Shopping my sister's closet

A sure sign of having too many clothes is bumping into old clothes you didn't remember you had. I went into one of my storage units today, and found plenty of stuff I hadn't even thought about in ages. Considering that my previous wardrobe purge in Finland took place less than a year ago, there is reason to think that my wardrobe is out of control. Mine is not the only one, though. As my sister started her own wardrobe clean-out today, she found plenty of things she wanted to get rid of - and I was lucky to be at the receiving end. Not that I need any more clothes, that is for sure, but every once in a while you come across a piece of clothing that feels like you have always owned it. This dress was one of those. It is made of soft cotton jersey, and it is the most comfortable dress ever.

My flea market stash is starting to look pretty extensive already (stuff I intend to sell in a week or so, that is), and for every piece I acquire now, two will have to go.


I found myself reading an old UK Elle from 2004 today, and came across these pictures. Aren't the prints and the shapes just adorable?




Dress, belt and scarf in hair: Tuuli's old
Sandals: H&M

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Great dress! It does look comfortable.
Old fashion photos are the oddest things--how quickly they look dated. I suppose that's the rub of being on the cutting edge. It blunts quickly.
Hope you're having a great time in Finland.

Rad_in_Broolyn said...

Great new to you dress. I wish my sister and I were closer in size (she's much smaller and petite) because I love her style too. Seems like you're having a great time in Finland.

Eyeliah said...

I do like the idea of a collared shirt with a full skirt....