Tuesday, 12 October 2010

The Department of Random


What an odd week it has been. We've spent time with friends, we've played Scrabble, read books (Freedom), seen movies (Let Me In and The Social Network, both definitely worth seeing) and gone to an estate sale. Despite my best attempts to stay on the GAAD even if it meant feeling cold, I finally caved in and bought some new tights and long-sleeved t-shirts yesterday. They were desperately needed so I don't feel too bad, apart from the lingering headache that is still there after I spent all day with a migraine today. And after reading what I have just written, I have no idea why I feel that it has been an odd week, because it actually sounds really good. Oh, maybe it's just the migraine talking.



We saw swans near Gibson, PA, where we found the above-mentioned estate sale last weekend. (We got a couple of old books and a bunch of 1950s sewing patterns - more on those another time.)


These are possibly my favourite earrings of all time. I got them in the mail from Modesty is Pretty, who just happened to think of me when she found the earrings at a garage sale - how sweet is that! I absolutely love the earrings, as did a waitress at a restaurant yesterday. She kept staring at me, and finally said: "I am sorry, I have been trying to figure out what those earrings were, and oh my, they are kitties! How cute!" I couldn't have agreed more.




Sweater: men's H&M
Blouse: second hand Cacharel / Salvation Army
Shorts: Object / Only
Tights: Noa Noa
Shoes: Vagabond

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

Those ARE great earrings, and the blue tights are grand. Gibson, PA is about 3.5 hours from where I live, but the landscape looks much the same. Lovely!

greatbleuheron said...

Not sure why I'm suddenly posting now for the first time, but I wanted to let you know how much I've been enjoying your blog. I first came across it maybe a month ago when I was feeling isolated and alienated and in a funk; read every last entry from the newest back to the oldest; and found myself revived somehow. I think it was because it helped me to be reminded that there are interesting, thoughtful, intelligent, creative, non-standard-issue people out there working at figuring out how to live well each day. Thanks for sharing your life and your self in this format.

Beth

Eline said...

Oh myyyy those earring are so beyond amazing, I really want to try and recreate them!

Modesty is Pretty said...

hehehe ah they do look so lovely on you and they are so cute indeed, just as your outfit!

Eyeliah said...

Yes these earrings are so you! :-) I also enjoyed The Social Network, very well done.

orchidsinbuttonholes said...

I adore those earrings! So sweet, and such a fun detail. And I love the red printed blouse under that sweater - the flipped-out-collar is the perfect touch.