Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Outerwear

For whatever reason my coats don't get much attention when I take pictures of what I am wearing on a given day. I bought two second hand coats while spending-spreeing in Finland last month. I had seen a streetstyle image of a young Parisian woman wearing a navy wool coat with a bathrobe-type belt, and couldn't believe my luck when a few days later I found this blue virgin wool vintage coat (above) at a Fida thrift store. The prices at the Fida stores have sky-rocketed, and I paid 14 euros for this coat. In an ideal world the coat would be a couple of inches longer, but it isn't - oh well! The sleeves are a tad short too, but I'll make it work with long leather gloves and the sleeves wrapped up a little higher.

At a flea market, my eyes were drawn to this mustard-colour felted wool coat. I could have done a better job with the photos, because the coat has more of a military feel in real life compared to what you see here. It has lots of buttons (I might have to adjust some of them because they don't lay quite right) and a great flared "tail". This coat was made by a seamstress (it has no production tags, just a handwritten serial number) and the workmanship is superb. I can't remember if I paid 6 or 8 euros for it.


After writing about my ankle boots yesterday, I figured it was time to get more wear out of the ones that don't get to go out much. I don't know why I don't end up wearing these Vialis ones more often. They are amazingly comfortable, and I love them now just as much as I did when I bought them two years ago.


7 comments:

Sal said...

Both the mustard coat and ankle boots have sent me into fits of object lust!

Rad_in_Broolyn said...

Both of these coats are just beautiful. You're looking statuesque with the shorts and the colors are so vibrant.
Also, more ankle boots envy from over here.

jesse.anne.o said...

I love both of these coats and those boots are beautiful.

Shey said...

I love both coats but being that mustard is one of my favorite colors for Fall/winter I have to say that my favorite is the mustard, plus I love all those buttons and the pockets. Those booties are wonderful too and I'm glad you decided to wear them again, they are so flattering to your long lean legs! I haven't told anyone but we are finally getting a cat! His name is Jingles! I'm so excited! I'll probably have to ask you for advice on how to care for him. =D

SnapandPrint said...

I love the yellow coat. It catches the eye and looks well made. I can see why you spluged a little and bought it.

Charlotte said...

The mustard coat, especially, I find myself coveting... They both look great on you, Waves. The colors are nice, and the close fit is very becoming. Bravo!

Eyeliah said...

the yellow coat is divine!