Saturday, 8 January 2011

Shoes, shoes


Well, here's another pair of ankle boots I haven't worn much. I remember falling in love with them at the Rizzo store in Helsinki a few years back, but I thought they were too expensive. I remember going back to the store to try them on, and I remember trying to figure out if I could spend the money on them. After a couple of weeks of total agony, it was pay day and I bought them. And then I didn't wear them. I don't understand myself sometimes.


Speaking of shoes, I realised something rather strange today. I occasionally browse online stores just for the heck of it, look at current trends and dream of shoes I can't afford. The strange thing is that even a year or two ago I'd always find dozens of shoes I loved. You could take me to a shoe store and there would always be something I'd fall for. Not anymore, it seems. I browsed through a handful of online stores (net-a-porter, Asos, Yoox, you name it) and found nothing but ugly shoes. Either I have become really picky, or the current trends don't appeal to me.

Not that I mind, really. After all, I have all these unworn ankle boots that almost feel like they are brand new.

Star-print blouse: Salvation Army
Cashmere jumper: H&M, mom's old
Skirt: Gina Tricot
Tights: Noa Noa
Ankle boots: Rizzo
Vintage seahorse pin: present from Lynn

5 comments:

Shey said...

EVery pair is even better, I'm happy for you that you are trying to wear all your shoes, I envy girls who can walk in high heels, anything above 2.5" high is very high for me and because I'm always on my feet running around it's painful by the end of the day to walk. =D Maybe you're also being picky as a result of the shoping diet? =) I love this outfit it reminds me of the j.crew catalogue, the little seahorse pin is adorable.

Charlotte said...

I do love those boots--the fabric ties are really neat.

Sometimes styles just go into a strange place for a couple of seasons. Don't fret: Your shoe craving will return. It always does.

wardrobeexperience said...

awesome lace-up booties!

www.wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

melina bee said...

funny, there's a noa noa store in portland of all places... stars and seahorses!

Eyeliah said...

I've been trying to find a new pair of boots for a month! There is nothing I like out there, it's all bleech!