Wednesday, 19 January 2011

These boots are made for walking


I went, saw and conquered the John Fluevog store in New York. I can't even begin to describe how wonderful Fluevog shoes are. (Okay, I can. They are awesome.) Just as I was complaining last week how I don't seem to be inspired by shoes at the moment, I fell head over heels in love with Fluevogs. Some of the women's styles don't really appeal to me at all, but the unisex boots are to die for. The quality seems very good, and then there is the comfort factor: with these boots, comfort doesn't come with the cost of throwing interesting design out of the window.


I got two pairs. I'll be wearing them with jeans, skirts, dresses, and well, anything else I might own. I love the industrial feel of both of these boots; I think they will make pretty much anything look interesting and edgy. I only wish the weather got a little better. There is no way I am taking my babies out in the drizzly, slushy conditions we have going on right now. I am considering wearing them at home though. That is how much I love them.


Buying the Fluevogs made me realise that I am willing to pay a little (actually, a lot) extra if I find something I really love. And more importantly, the feeling of buying something that you really love is different from buying things because you want to treat yourself to something new. Since I am back in Binghamton and there are no more excuses to shop under The Great American Apparel Diet, I now declare that I am back on the GAAD. Seriously. And the next time I buy something, I want to love it as much as I love my Fluevogs. Nothing else will do.

P.S. Go see Sylvain Chomet's The Illusionist. It is wonderful.

4 comments:

Sal said...

Welcome to the Fluevog-lovin' club, lady! Both pairs are glorious.

Cynthia said...

Oh, I was eyeing the knee-high version of those first ones...good to know they are comfortable, although I am out of the market for boots for a while. Fluevogs have always been hit or miss for me. The purple boots I just bought on sale are fantastically comfortable, and so are my little lace-up oxfords, but other pairs I've owned have been...well, weird. Especially the high-heeled women's styles. Glad you found practical ones that work for you.

Charlotte said...

Nice. I'm about to spring for a pair of boots similar to these. It just seems right, somehow...

Eyeliah said...

I very much enjoyed The Illusionist, though I felt quite saddened by it :(