Thursday, 20 January 2011

Three old favourites


I don't know about you, but I am starting to wish it was spring already. The sun was out this morning, and I immediately felt like wearing something colourful. I bought this skirt at a fleamarket in Finland as a part of my "the-hell-with-TGAAD"-phase. I felt guilty about buying this particular skirt because a week later I thought that I probably wouldn't wear it, and it would become one of those quick-fix purchases that end up at the back of my wardrobe. Things just fell into place today, and right now I feel like the skirt was a great buy. Go figure!


There is a lot I have to learn about my patterns of wearing clothes. I still don't know why I end up buying certain things and then not wear them, or how other purchases become favourites for years to come. I bought this print sweater at an H&M sale maybe 3 or 4 years ago, without even trying it on, and it has become one of my all-time favourite sweaters. Around the same time I browsed through a Benetton sample sale and bought three long, gray cardigans, and this one I am wearing today is one of those. I have worn all three cardigans to the point where I am starting to worry about what to do when they fall apart. And then the ankle boots - they fall under the same category of instant successes.


I wonder whether I favour pieces of clothing that are just fun and easy to wear. I guess it could be that simple.

Print sweater: H&M
Cardigan: Benetton sample sale
Skirt: second hand, Valtteri fleamarket
Tights: Target
Boots: Max&Co.
Hat: second hand, Plato's Closet

4 comments:

April said...

There are some clothes that make you feel hott and some clothes that are just so comfy you can't resist, and those are the clothes that i tend to wear over and over. It takes a lot of effort to put on something that is hard to style or ill-fitting!

anyway, LOVE the skirt a lot, and that shirt is so cute!

ape-z.blogspot.com

SnapandPrint said...

The skirt is gorgeous. I would wear it often and the outfit you put it together with for this post looks comfy as well as cool.

Hattie said...

Lovely outfit, so warm and cozy looking. Staying comfy while staying warm is always the most difficult part about winter (for me at least); yet you always do such a beautiful job of it! : )

~ Hattie

Brittney said...

i know what you mean! i wish i could just *tell* if a piece of clothing is meant to be mine right from the get-go. but they usually surprise me, one way or the other. i certainly love all of yours--particularly that great print skirt. it would be my favorite, too, i think!
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog; come on by if you'd like!)