Friday, 25 February 2011

Bits of an outfit & some new things

A week just flew by! I wasn't taking a conscious break from blogging - the sudden change in the weather (cold, snow, more snow) has just made me struggle with choosing what to wear. I got so into the idea of spring last week that the intense return to winter has felt a little depressing. I have found myself wearing plain over-sized knitwear with jeans or cords, which just hasn't seemed outfit-worthy. Today I couldn't find a single spot in the house where the light would have allowed me to take a head-to-toe outfit photo, and let me tell you, I wasn't going to go outside either. So there you have it: random shots of an over-sized sweater and a pair of cords I am wearing today.



The cotton sweater is from Kohl's ($4.50!), the cords are from a fleamarket in Finland - they were originally boot-cut but way too short, so I made them into skinny cords instead. I found the etched copper pendant at a second hand store on Tuesday. My guess is that it is native American, but I wasn't able to find anything like it online. The smaller, round copper pendant is a present from Chris.

I am still in love with my Fluevogs.

Chris got me this bug ring for my birthday.


I found this reversible, knee-length 1940s cotton robe at an antique store last weekend. I think I will wear it thrown over a tank top, a pair of denim shorts and lots of random jewelry once the summer gets here.

7 comments:

Jane W. said...

The pendant is great--some of the motifs look like they could be Hopi.

Shey said...

Awesome finds, that bug rings is awesome in an icky kind of way, I'm not a bug person but I think it's nice.

Teenysparkles said...

I love the 40s robe! A really pretty print. The weather is crazy here too. But don't worry, Spring will come soon.

Terri said...

Where did he find the bug ring? It is the same size as the cicadas in our neighborhood. I love the ring.

Meg said...

LOVE those skinny red cords. They look really good!

JRose said...

I want that ring...so much...I already have earrings in the shape of flies and have been stalking a pair of cicada-earrings on modcloth.com
I just love eccentric/zoologic jewelry.

Eyeliah said...

the kimono is great, I was looking at some similar actually, more for around the house but I like your styling idea for it.