Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Gardening plans, and kitty outdoors


Today feels like spring. The sun has been out for most of the day, and I am working on my gardening plans even if there is still plenty of snow on the ground. I have bought most of my seeds already and should start working on planting some indoors soon. I feel like I learned a lot from last year and I'm much better organized this spring. I have a pretty good idea as to where everything is going to go, and I know so much more about what to expect.

Blue got to spend time outdoors today, and boy was she happy! She is actually going to see the vet on Friday. As wonderful as it is that she has lost a lot of weight (she used to be very heavy and has been on a diet for the past two years), we are a little concerned that she might have developed diabetes. Here's to hoping that she is okay.



Dress: made by Tuuli. I think the fabric is old pillowcases or sheets!
Cardigan: Benetton sample sale
Tights: ?
Boots: vintage Tony Lama, Etsy
Necklace: vintage Miriam Haskell
Leather belt: second hand, Plato's Closet
Earrings: present from Chris

3 comments:

Shey said...

First of all thank you so much for the gift your are very kind, when I saw the package and opened the pin box I still didn't know who it was but I thought "oh my this person knows me!" I thought it was from some lady at church and then I read your card and I was so excited! =D
I hope your kitty gets better, our Jingles was very overweight when he came to us, he's lost some weight ever since he came here, I guess because I make sure his food gets measured and also because he plays a lot with my son so he's more active, but I had been worrying about his weight and having diabetes too. I'm obsessed with your boots, everytime I see them I think of these awesome pair I didn't buy at the thrift store last year, I thought I could never wear them, they were made out of cow's skin I think and they were so pretty but I had a closed mind about them and I left them behind. Now that I see you wearing them in different ways and not looking western at all makes me sad that I didn't buy them..but then a reminder to myself is that I already have a pair of western boots and I rarely wear them, it's because they're not as pretty! hehe =P

Terri said...

This necklace is absolutely gorgeous. So, what will you be planting in your garden?

Charlotte said...

The first cat that my husband and I had--found in a subway station in Brooklyn--looked like your cat Blue. She developed diabetes and died at age 13. She never really was tamed.

Blue is your color, Waves.