Tuesday, 26 April 2011

That George Harrison song title

After a day of frustration and ranting about style blogs (thank you, so many of you, who reminded me that a) style blogging is fun if you approach it the right way, b) that mine isn't just a style blog, and c) that my writing matters) and major thunderstorms last night (our streets resembled rapids), the sun came out today and the temperature soared. The weather has been awful for the past, sheesh, couple of months, and just like that, it's summer! 82 degrees! (That is 28 degrees Celcius.) I planted some beans, onions, turnips and carrots today. My radishes are already growing enthusiastically.

I love this first, slight haze of green in spring time. It usually only lasts for a day or two.


I feel like I have a million things to say about my post yesterday, and about the comments you have sent my way. I think I will have to let my thoughts sizzle and mature for a day or two. Part II will follow.


I'm wearing a thrifted denim shirt, thrifted denim shorts and an old t-shirt from H&M.

3 comments:

Terri said...

I am so jealous that you are barefoot. I am convinced that this is good for both our soles and our souls.

Teeny said...

28 degress is HOT! Hopefully a sign that spring is well and truly there! We've had a fire lit since about 11am this morning. And it's about 8 deg celsius. I was just thinking to myself how colours are seasonal and that the blogging world that i follow (largely northern hemisphere) is going to start looking all summery and light coloured.

Donna said...

Your radishes are thriving. Do you have all your plantings in raised beds?